Re: [IP] Re: counseling for 16 year old daughter

I really wish something like this existed for adults! I think the IDAA/DESA has
been the closest thing to a summer camp I've found. Their meetings are usually
a weekend long. Also, while at the meetings you meet some of the most
fascinating people. One guy has a summer camp for diabetic children, where he
teaches them to scuba dive. I think the camp is in the bahamas. That was a
couple of years ago so I'm not sure what he's up to now. One of the greatest
things was spending the weekend with 2-300 other diabetics. That was the best.
During one meeting in Vermont, I know there was a childrens'' program going on

I think someone should start a week-long retreat program for adults with
diabetes. You know,  just like the retreats you can go to for meditation, or
yoga, or diet & exercise... etc.