[IP] Quick set covers

I am a type 2 was recently given the type 1 title.  I have been using the
Mini Med 508 for 3 months after 11 years of injections.  Could someone tell
me if the Quick Set infusion set have to have the disconnect plain cap put on

while showering?  I called Mini Med and they said it was absolutely
necessary.  These caps fall off in the shower as they don't really snap on.
I would like an explanation from people using these sets.
Thank you,