[IP] Re: counseling for 16 year old daughter

The Joslin Diabetes Camp for boys and the Clara Barton Camp for girls are
both located in Charlton MA. They are on two seperate locations about 15
miles apart. Both of these camps are awesome. I attended from age 7 through
17 at Camp Joslin. I believe what they taught me during my yearly two week
sessions has helped me with good health and control for 26 out of the 33
years I have been a type 1. I cannot express in words the thanks I have to
my parents as well as Joslin for having this camp. Moms and Dads out there
especially in the North East, I encourage you to check these two Camps out
and if you can, send your children. They will be in great hands as well as
with other Diabetic children. Both locations are on hundreds of acres and
very private. Beutiful lake for swimming and sailing as well as baseball,
soccer, floor hockey you name it they do it. Most importantly they educate
and try to teach the kids how to make the right decisions.Here is the web
sight for all of you to check out.www.childrenwithdiabetes.com/camps

I wonder if either of your teenagers would enjoy a diabetes camp for kids?
Joslin does summer retreats, (I could use one for adults right now  8-) )
also the local diabetes society has them too. Also DESA (formerly the IDAA)
work with kids, and their meetings are really *fun*.