[IP] Re: Difference between Type 1A and 1B

Does anyone on this list know the difference between and Type 1A Diabetic
a Type 1B Diabetic?

Maybe someone can correct me but I suspect that type 1B is yet another
unofficial term for LADA (late autoimmune diabetes in adults) as is type 3
often used for LADA.  LADA diabetics usually test positive for GAD-A
antibodies whereas the classic type1 will test positive for ICA (islet cell
antibodies) and/or GAD-A and another autoantibody.

John Kinsley
Type 1 - 1956
MiniMed 507 - 1998