Re: [IP] kinks in quicksets

Hi,
I have been on the pump for 2 = months and use the Quickset.  I had no
problems until recently I had on to bend when I placed in in the top of my
leg.  I was using the 9mm not the 6mm I think I'm going to have to go with all
6mm.  Im not a large person either 5'2 and 112 but have been diabetic for 24
years and I'm sure I have scare tissue as well

>>> email @ redacted 04/22/02 09:30AM >>>
Hi All,

I switched to quicksets about 4 months ago, and have really liked them.
Recently, however, about 60% of the sets I insert don't work.  When I pull
them out (usually within a few hours of insertion, when my bg starts rising),
they are bent in half.  I haven't changed my technique or lost weight.  I have
put on some muscle, but I still have fatty spots.  I'm not exceptionally thin,
about 5'6" and 130.

The woman I talked to at Minimed thought I was inserting into scar tissue, but
I have been type 1 for 28 years and have never had problems with scar tissue.

I've been changing my set every 2-3 days.

I've tried the softsets and sils.  I found the sils painful to insert, and had
trouble getting the angle right (some were too shallow.)  I have a sil serter,
so maybe I'll have more luck with that.

Anybody else been through this?  I'd appreciate suggestions.

Thanks very much,
Colleen