Re: [IP] Miss America

Michael and Jan:
     Your posts only underscore what I've been "preaching" for years now:
KNOWLEDGE is POWER!!! I spoke to a mom yesterday whose 2 yr old is on a
Paradigm pump through Children's Hospital in Philadelphia. Considering that
parents of much older kids have had to fight for approval there, I was
stunned. She explained that she'd done her research ( thanks to IP-ers!!!) &
said she wasn't taking NO for an answer & she is thrilled with how much more
"normalized" their lives are now. Something as simple as her son refusing to
eat now can elicit a "fine - go to bed without eating" reaction, whereas
before that was a cause for panic & resorting to ANYTHING edible to get those
carbs into his little body! Since my daughter was dx'd at age 9, I never
thought about how that distorts the usual parent/child interactions.
    So keep on posting, encouraging, teaching, reaching, caring &
sharing......it's our best ANTIDOTE to this dia-BEAST-ie!
Renee ( Melissa's pump-mom)