[IP] Question about mixing Humulin Regular/Humalog

I've had an insulin pump for 18 years.  Over the last 3 years, my control has
slipped a lot.  My last two HgA1cs were 8.3 and 7.7.  I has suddenly occurred
to me that this has happened since I have been using Humalog.  I believe I
have read on the list that some of you use a mixture of the two insulin's.
Would you please post some information about the benefits of using the
insulin's this way, and what caused you to do this?  Any information will be
appreciated.  Or you can email me directly.  Thank you!  Lisa