[IP] Re: Fitting in at school

> <<.....I have a friend whose son (15)had a low at school
> and shoved another student.  They suspended him.  Her
> question to me is there an informational type movie or
> literature to explain what someone feels like when
> they are low that she could educate the school with? >>

The one thing that I really stress to teachers is that when a diabetic has
low blood sugar, their brain is being deprived of fuel and they cannot think
clearly or act appropriately.    And kids do often get testy when they are
low, so aren't always 100% responsible for their behaviour.  I know that this
can be a fine line to draw over behaviour and consequences.

Barbara, Mum of Claire 8