Re: [IP] Pizza Bolus question

At 11:42 PM 4/19/2002, you wrote:
>OK, so it's Friday and we have our usual pizza. I dual bolus 3/4
>of my bolus immediately and square the other 1/4 over the next 1
>1/2 hours (to end when I'm putting my daughter to bed). I am low
>(72) and shaky just 1 hour and 45 minutes later.

Sounds like the fat is kicking in after the 72..  me I use the extended
wave (square wave) the entire amount over 2 hours.  I have not checked my
numbers in the middle but after eating an entire large thin crust I wake up
with 98 my last time.  My suggestion is use the good old trial and error
method.  (one reason that you could be going low is that the carbs have not
reached you in time to catch the insulin and the carbs hit once the insulin
is starting on its downward curve.)

Of course this is only my opinion.  Any suggestions you read here should be
discussed with your D. Team..  (legality got to love it)  lol

Brian Carter
ICQ # 27217438
www.DiabetesBytes.com  *New*