Re: Re: [IP] Disetronic batteries

>I depends on how long the Energizers have been sitting on the shelf. New
>ones will last a long time. Likewise, the equivalent Duracell, etc...
>batteries are good if fresh. The problem with most batteries purchased at
>retail is that you have no idea how long they've been sitting around. The
>are good for a couple of years from mfg. and after that deteriorate fairly
>rapidly, particularly if they are stored in warm or moist environments.
>I've had batteries that lasted only a week or two and others that have
>lasted over 2 months. High volume (for batteries) big retail drug stores
>seem to have pretty good batteries consistently, at least for me. Usually,
>however, I get the batteries from the pump mfg. Michael
>email @ redacted

I bought these Energizers as backup at the beginning of last summer, just
in case I had problems with their batteries while on vacation.  I decided
to use them this March, since I was concerned that they've sat in my pump
case for almost a year.  They're still going strong.  If the idea that the
batteries getting old causes the Renata batteries to fail more quickly
(I've never had a Renata battery last very long) must be because it takes
so long to ship them here from Europe.  Maybe they get left on a boat too
long. ;o)