RE: [IP] Re: "Fitting in" in school

I encourage all parents of children with diabetes in school to gather some
information and materials from the American Diabetes Association regarding
the Federal Laws that protect our children from being discriminated against.
They have brochures addressing many issues relating to school time that you
can give to the teachers. But it is most important to have a 504 plan in
place for your child, even if the school cooperates, you should still
consider providing a safety net in case something happens. (like being
suspended from the result of a LOW)

Start here   http://www.diabetes.org/main/community/advocacy/schoollaw.jsp

You are your child's best advocate!

Connie Miller