RE: [IP] insurance in california

You have my sympathy. I know nothing about insurance in CA, but I do know this.  Insurance determines where my husband and I work now that I am pumping.  I have never appreciated BC/Bs of GA more than I do now.  They covered my pump, training and 100% of all supplies except alcohol swabs and the sport case for the pump.  I am amazed at the difference in BC/BS state to state...seems like they would be uniform...Stories like yours make me sick to think about...Without insurance I could not afford to pump at $27 per site change.  Insurance runs the diabetic world....as if it's not bad enough that we are diabetic at all, the insurance companies penalize us for living.
My vent is over...I feel for you...