Re: [IP] insurance in california

>I just got some awful news. I'm moving to california in a few months and
>found out that the insurance I'm going to be on there, Blue Cross Blue
>Shield of California, covers no "prescription and non-prescription
>diabetic supplies." HOW CAN THAT BE??? It's so upsetting! My bcbs of
>alabama covered all but $380 for my pump and a year's worth of supplies!
>It also covers 300 test strips a month with a $35 co-pay.

According to the information found on the ADA's
website:  http://www.diabetes.org/main/community/advocacy/states2.jsp ,
California is one of the states to have passed the law requiring insurance
to cover diabetes supplies.  This law was signed by the governor in
1999.   You might want to check with the insurance company and see if they
cover diabetes supplies under a different section such as "durable medical