[IP] Site samples and the "perfect" site

Hi all. It's been months or more since I've posted, but I thought I'd stick
my 3 cents in on this one, and offer a suggestion of another sample to ask

Several months ago I had a bad box of quicksets (they did all kinds of
unusual things, other than infuse insulin). I was also frustrated with the
shape of the top, which seemed to catch on everything. And also with the
inability to see the site. Keep in mind that I'm an enormous klutz :)

Well, I had already tried the sils (tender/comfort) for the first year or two
on the pump. They were OK for me and they didn't have the tendency come out.
But they did leave sites that weren't exactly infected, but they were a bit
red and it took weeks if not months for the last traces of the scar to go
away...It just made me nervous. I think, for me it might have something to do
with the tiny hole in the tape where the set goes in...Lets in "dirt."

Had also tried the Sof-sets....I had a day were I almost used duct tape as a
new pump adhesive...They WOULD NOT stay in...I looked at them wrong and there
they went.

So I'm back to my misbehaving quicksets and not in the mood to use any of
these other leftover sites. I found a sample tucked way in the back of the
D-Tron Rapid...It's a metal needled (no canula) site that inserts at a 90
degree angle and is about a quarter inch long. I hadn't used it cause the
whole metal needle thing sounded....well....a little barbaric and a lot
painful. That, and they don't disconnect. Well, we were frustrated, and I do
strange things when I'm frustrated...So I decided to give it a try. Worked
GREAT! I couldn't feel it in, lasted 3 days (that's all I've ever had the
courage to go) and the best part for a klutz like me, it's about has
high-profile as a bandaide (totally flat against the skin). So I've been
using those ever since. I got a minimed waterproof sport case so I could
shower, and it took about a week to adjust to not disconnecting, but now I
don't even think about it. I'm just working on coming up with an excuse to
convince my insurance company that I need an animas pump (really waterproof
and all :) ) Couldn't do the paradigm, cause I couldn't use my sites.

WOW that's a lot longer than it was supposed to be :) Any way, order samples
of everything, even the scary things :) and yes, the customer service people
may think you are totally crazy for wanting the things, but you never know.