[IP] Arm testing

Someone was asking about whether results differed between arm testing and
fingertip testing.  According to the package insert included with the One
Touch Ultra test strips there can be significant differences between arm
testing and fingertip testing during "certain conditions".  These
conditions can occur when the blood glucose level is changing rapidly as
with right after eating, taking insulin or during/after exercise.  They go
on to say, that if your blood glucose level is dropping, a fingertip sample
MAY pick up the low quicker than arm testing.  They also recommend using
arm testing for tests done prior to or more than 2 hours after meals,
insulin dose or exercise.  There's a whole section on arm testing printed
on the insert, and I imagine the other arm testing meters also have
information with their test strips.  I would think that anyone considering
switching to arm testing should read these sections on the package inserts
to familiarize themselves with their meter company's recommendations.  YMMV.