[IP] insurance in california

I just got some awful news.  I'm moving to california in a few months and
found out that the insurance I'm going to be on there, Blue Cross Blue
Shield of California, covers no "prescription and non-prescription diabetic
supplies."  HOW CAN THAT BE???  It's so upsetting!  My bcbs of alabama
covered all but $380 for my pump and a year's worth of supplies!  It also
covers 300 test strips a month with a $35 co-pay.

Anyway, my question is this:  I have to decide between the KH2/HMO Plan
(cheaper plan) and the KS5/POS Plan (more expensive) and the difference
between these plans is by no means obvious.  Does anyone out there have an
opinion about which one's better?  And I was also wondering if anyone in
california knows of a better way to do this than going through dh's job and
getting the bcbs (I'll be working on contract).  I am thinking about
extending my bcbs of alabama through COBRA, but I'm afraid that you can't do
that if you're insured otherwise (but how would they know?).  Obviously, I
can't live in california and be insured only in alabama, especially since I
will be trying to conceive soon!  This is really a nightmare!

To add insult to injury, our alabama insurance is paid for 100% by my
employer but we'll have to pay either $219 or $316 a month depending on what
plan we use!!!