Re: [IP] Tape Not Sticking/Mastisol Liquid Adhesive

Mastisol is an OTC so no prescription is needed.  The pharmacist can look it
up in his medical supply book.  He can find it under adhesives. and or
colostomy supplies.  This was initial used for medical adhesion for various
devices.  It is very popular now for pumping.  I posted the Ferndale Labs
info who makes the Mastisol. ou can call them for more info and purchase.  It
was someone at our insurance office who actually put me in touch with a close
pharmaceutical supply house in Tacoma, WA  that carries it and would send it
to me next day delivery.  The gal at the ins. office knew Josh was diabetic
so there was no question of coverage by the ins company.  If you want your
ins to cover it then it will require the prescription, but if you are going
to purchase then you can also just put in for reimbursement.  Check with your
ins company.  I am only speaking about Tricare.

mom to Joshua