RE: [IP] Ketone Question

By "the same effect" I meant that in both cases you would have ketones
present in your urine.

Also, I think there is a contingent of people that would argue strongly
against the low carb diet for diabetics because it places additional stress
on the kidneys.  If anyone is considering an Atkins-type diet, please
consult your health care team, understand the risks and weigh them against
the benefits, and then make your choice.

<I am not sure what you meant by "the same effect," but I wanted to make
that anyone out there who is considering an Atkins-type diet (although I
would advise anyone in such a position to check out Dr. Bernstein at
http://www.diabetes-normalsugars.com) knows that ketosis and ketoacidosis
are not the same thing at all.>