RE: [IP] Ketone Question

--- Jennifer Harkleroad <email @ redacted>
wrote:
> The way I understand it...ketones begin when there
> is no insulin available.

this is my experience also.  Recently I had BS between
300-600 for a couple of days(I think insulin resistant
due to pre-menopause) but kept taking insulin, thought
I should probably check ketones, and was negative.
Another time I crept up to 550BS over-nite(pump
malfunction)and experienced all the DKA
symptoms(elevated heartbeat, exhausted, couldn't lift
arms up, etc). To sick to even think about checking
ketones, but took an injection and felt much better.