RE: [IP] Ketone Question

--- Jennifer Harkleroad <email @ redacted>
> The way I understand it...ketones begin when there
> is no insulin available.

this is my experience also.  Recently I had BS between
300-600 for a couple of days(I think insulin resistant
due to pre-menopause) but kept taking insulin, thought
I should probably check ketones, and was negative.
Another time I crept up to 550BS over-nite(pump
malfunction)and experienced all the DKA
symptoms(elevated heartbeat, exhausted, couldn't lift
arms up, etc). To sick to even think about checking
ketones, but took an injection and felt much better.

Do You Yahoo!?