RE: [IP] Ketone Question

The way I understand it...ketones begin when there is no insulin available.  (Your site was probably bad and your body got no insulin overnight.)  If there is insulin available, the chances that you will end up in DKA are slim.  This is my understanding only...someone else may know more.(I have been in ICU for 3 days in DKA...this is the only way that I know anything much about it.)