[IP] Medical Terms???

I'm writing a "medical necessity" letter to support my insurance claim for a
Glucowatch - If I don't write a first draft for my doctor he will never get
around to doing it. I want to make a point that though my current control may
appear to be acceptable (HbA1c=6.8%) in light of early symptoms of developing
complication and known the results of the DCCT it is particularly important to
continue to improve BG control and eliminate excursions.

What is the proper medical terms for describing 1) renal problems which are
beginning to show up as protein in the urine and 2) eye problems which involve
some detectable new capillaries and minor bleeding but not yet severe enough
for treatment.

Thanks for the help