Re: [IP] Speaking to a nursing class

In a message dated 04/15/2002 11:42:26 PM Central Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> I'm speaking to a nursing class on Monday about diabetes from the patient's
> point of view. Anybody got any stories they'd like for me to share?
Just try to update them.  I get frustrated when my nurse friends tell me "
you cant eat that your a diabetic  or you cant do yhat you have diabetes."
The fact that you are talking to a nursing class I hope that means they have
the updated   knowledge of diabetes.  Im not trying to run the nurses down
Im a nurse and my speciality is peds so if some older patient  with questions
on heart disease etc  probably have old knowledge also.