Re: [IP] H1c test Question

In a message dated 4/16/2002 10:16:01 PM Mountain Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> Actually they done some research that seems to show that when the doc does
>  the A1c's on a regular basis, the patients tend to have lower values. The
>  anticipation of having your performance reviewed creates a stimulus for
>  better control. Really, honest, etc.... there is a paper on it somewhere
>  buried in the bowels of Medline.

> I believe you, Michael and it doesn't surprise me . . . but isn't
> $150 every three weeks a pretty steep price?  If you ever dig up the
> study, I'd be interested in knowing how much of an improvement in
> A1c values they found & what testing frequency they used . . .

Yeah, every three weeks is a bit much. You can get a glucometer that
does frutoseaimine  testing that will provide similar information
for the price of a strip ... does the regular glucose too.

In my book, quarterly testing is just fine.