Re: [IP] "Hiding" pump - human factors stuff

That is something I feel that pump and glucometer companies should think about.
Pumps and glucometers essentially become "part of you". It would be nice if
companies started thinking about how they can shape the pumps and glucometers to
better fit with bodies. For instance one thing I'd like is a glucometer that has
a hole in it so you can put it on a chain around your neck. And also hang the
other supplies needed. I consider it something that has to go with me
everywhere. So why hasn't the same amount of thought gone into it as they've put
into hearing aids.

Or a glucometer that you wear like a watch. it could look like the glucowatch,
but be a regular glucometer.( You prick your finger, and use a test strip) The
precision QID seems to be mostly air inside, I'm sure they could make it smaller
and put a wrist strap on it.

Also, why do all the lancing devices have to be so enormous? Why can't someone
make a (REUSABLE) lancing device that's the size of a bic pen. I have a
MediSense "pen" glucometer, and the lancing device is bigger than the meter!
Wallgreens make a short lancing device which is nice, but mine lasted only about
2 weeks before it stopped firing.

Also, why not look into making a pump that conforms more to the human shape.
Somehow make it flatter for people who don't have folds and bumps and places to
hide the pump. That's not my particular problem mind you --- I've got plenty of
places to hide it.

Also, why not make a glucometer that's very flat and fits into a day minder.

And why not make a pump that also has a reservoir of glucose so you can adjust
your glucose both UP and DOWN with the pump.

and and.....

I feel like no one listens to me sometimes. Or maybe I just haven't found the
right people/companies to tell my ideas and feedback to. I've even participated
in tests for glucometer makers and I suggested that someone make a wheel
cartridge of test strips so that you don't have to mess with individual strips
all of the time. By the time I wrote that,  Bayer had already developed a