Re: [IP] H1c test Question

"Carla & Joe Spader" <email @ redacted>  wrote:

> My Doctor wants to do h1cs every 3 weeks or so .I have another one in
about 2
> weeks, unless I cancel. I went on the pump Feb 26th .I used to run 600bs
> very high ,then went on lantis h1c around 8s . He did one about 3 weeks
> I went onto pump and was still in the high 7s .Am I crazy to think that It
> will not show allot of change because It is over the last 3 months and
> not show much progress until I have been on the pump for around that time.
> Each time I go to him and have this done it costs me @ least $150 plus and
> wondering if anyone has any suggestions .Will this show anything new yet
or am
> I wasting my money or am I tight wad.lol          Carla

A1c's as often as that are a waste of money (or an easy way for the Doc to
make money).  You can get just as reliable figures from a fructosamine
(Gluco-Protein) test, and there is a personal meter that can do this

I didn't show spectacular change in A1c until 9 months after pumping, then
my first 6.0      ;>)