Re: [IP] Glucowatch

After reading all the info so far I have come to the decision that perhaps
this device will give MM a run for their money as far as the CGMS device is
concerned.  Until Cygnus or someone else comes up with a more advance, better
suitable device than this prototype perhaps this device would be better off
being purchased by clinics and MD offices and used like the CGMS.  It might
actually be it more cost effective that way.  It certainly isn't going to be
cost effective in its current state and price.  As excited as I was about the
prospect of this device I have decided that it is definately not going to be
worth the expense to buy it.  And as far as our insurance company, Tricare,
unless it is something that will improve quality of life they will not cover
it.  And since this will not improve quality of life (you need to continue
doing finger sticks) then it will not be worth putting my own money out on
it!  In a few years hopefully they will have greatly improved upon this first
prototype and brought the price down too!

mom to Joshua