Re: [IP] H1c test Question

Carla,
    I'm sure your doc has a lot of experience with his MDI patients learning
all about new pump starts, so he probably tries to help each patient "fine
tune" each one's own individual needs at each start. I think all endos have
their own personalized ways of doing things. That's why I am changing endos
and actually, I hate to, but am tired of waiting for "a decision" regarding
pump therapy for me. If he would have really listened to me, I think he
would agree that I needed it a long time ago, too.
     Do you keep an accurate log of your bs's, basals, bolus', etc. every
day?  And your carbs?  Have you had any problems with pump therapy that
could be worked out over the phone?
    If you decide that you are comfortable enough with your pump without
getting more guidance from your dr by going in for the bloodwork, I would
just call him or talk to one of his assistants.
    Plus, I would hate knowing that each HeA1c was costing me $150 each
time!  Do you have insurance?
    Carla, if this email makes no sense, I apologize.  It has been sitting
unfinished for 2 to 3 hrs on my desktop.  My autistic child had an appt
today for one of his follow up bone scans.  The Scott & White Clinic and
hospital is 80 miles from here and once we got there, we found out that they
couldn't get the nuclear formula needed for his scan, so it was a wasted
trip.  So now, we will be going back for the next 3 days this week.  I'm not
tired yet, but if this goes on for two more years like they initially
explained after his surgery, it may be that we just need to move there.  I
don't know yet.
    Anyway, talk to you later and let me know what you decide about your
HeA1c!
    Paula Hyden
    p.s.  I enjoy reading the group messages because they sound so familiar
to thoughts that I have had!