Re: [IP] insulin

> I would be interested in studies or personal experiences with
> Humalog compared to Novolog in the pump. Much difference there?

Depends on the individual. I've collected posts since Novolog came on
the market. There are three catagories

1) People that see little or no difference (the majority).

2) Humalog / Velosulin mixers i.e. those allergic or sensitive  to
Humalog. This is about 6% of the pumper population. These people
generally see great benefit, i.e. less insulin use, no mixing needed,
better control, etc..

3) Those sensitive to Novolog. Like (2) above, poor control on
Novolog, good control etc.... on Humalog. There are very few reports
of this so far, not enough for statistics. Novolog is new and there
are not nearly as many users.

There are reports of advantages of one vs the other than above, but
they are still small in numbers and YMMV. Basically, it boils down to
the fact that there are two good insulin analogs on the market and it
appears that in almost all cases, that if a person has a problem with
one of them, the other will work. For most people, both work and it
is a matter of individual preference as to which is used. There may
be advantages of one over the other, but I don't have enough data to
support a statement at this time. The scientific evidence about
efficacy is available through MedLine.