Re: [IP] Re: "Fitting in" in school

In a message dated 4/16/02 12:27:58 PM Central Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> My unsolicited advice to young  - and old - people today is to take care of
> their diabetes with dignity and aplomb, without too much fuss.  Perhaps
> then others will do the same.
> Barbara

You must have had amazing guidance and teachers.....my daughter has not been
that lucky....she had a teacher in K tell her that she wasn't going to bother
me with the Christmas party to fix something for her that she just neede to
get over it and realize she was not and could not be like other
kids.....there lies the beginning of my advocacy. She had a teacher grab her
pump (no injury) and has been made fun of by peers and not well cared for by
adults in the school from giving her candy *because it was to hard to
remember* to literally loosing her at the school (I found her wandering
around at 30)......I have always told her she has a condition and is not
sick...her body lacks a hormone and that everyone has challenges and it is
how we deal with them that is important...if the adult *expert* ignoramuses
would follow instructions and treat her with respect instead of a problem her
life would improve.............whew!!! yep rough time right now.....didn't
know all that was waiting to spew........sorry and thanks......venting over
(I hope