[IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V6 #256

In a message dated 4/15/02 6:25:21 PM, email @ redacted writes:

>>is in high school, it is like she is ashamed of her diabetes.  She hardly
>>ever takes her meter when she goes places and is not very good about doing
>>her blood sugar before she drives.  She even lies to me occassionally
>>will say she has her meter when in fact she doesn't.

When I was 16, I didn't want anyone to know either. Unfortunately, there was
a girl in my class with my same name, who was also diabetic. She had several
reactions and had to have the rescue squad come to the school. Since we had
the same name, everyone asked me if I was the one who was diabetic. I lied. I
have always felt guilty about that. That girl is dead now. She never even
knew I was diabetic.  I was such a wuzz.