[IP] IP Morning Hypo

Hi Sherry,
I read your note and have a understanding of your frustration. I too had
incidents while just after hiking, slipped into a hypo and got behind the
wheel with my son in the car. Thankfully nothing happened to my son or
myself and he shut the car down and called police on my cell. Not bad for a
9 year old huh? After that incident I decided that I needed to step up my
control if not for me, for my kids. Mistakes in judging carbs are going to
happen, just how big of mistake is what we need to focus on. I know it is a
pain in the backside to consult your carb book every time you go to eat
something, but after a while they say it starts to become second nature. I
am trying to learn all of this as well. It's getting better for me and I am
not having as much hypo's as I used to. When I question my judgment on
carbs verses the amount of insulin taken after dinner I set the alarm for
midnight and get up and test my blood sugar. I know this is not the most
favorable thing to do but it makes me feel better. I can treat a low or
high and go back to bed knowing I won't wake up in Oz that morning or
Don't forget to talk to your doctor and educators about this. They should
help get you through this. Take care and keep trying.