Re: [IP] raw food teen & cure documentation

I think your quest for knowledge about your daughters condition and options
is comendable and she's lucky to have a mom who is willing to look beyond
what some doc tells her!

When I was in my late teens/early 20s, I had several symptoms that I told
docs about which were diagnosed as "irritable bowl syndrome" (they don't
like to say they just don't know, I guess).  I was young and at some point
gave up and just figured that that was how my body was and moved on.  Then
at 23 I was diagnosed with diabetes, which became impossible for me to
control.  I tried so hard to make it work the way the docs said it should -
but then finally gave up and stopped eating carbohydrates.  And it worked
for me!  I was amazed.  After years of A1Cs of 14 and up, my A1Cs were
suddenly 6.5. AND all my IBS symptoms went away, too.  But the docs were
telling me I was killing myself because I wasn't following their low
fat/high carb religion.  I ignored them because I felt like a normal person
for the first time in years - had as much energy as I did as a teenager (I
spent my 20s feeling like a slug - boy would I like a chance to do that
over!).  It turns out that all along I had Celiac Disease (some outrageous
percentage of celiacs are misdiagnosed with IBS) which is an autoimmune
disease in which the immune system attacks the small intestine when glutens
from wheat, rye, barley, and oats are ingested.  If I had listened to the
docs, and not done my own research and experimentation, I would never have
discovered this.

It's always possible that the powers that be know exactly what they're
talking about and there is no better way - but I sure don't see how it could
hurt to push the envelope a little!  And, btw, of course you're going to
feel defensive.  It's a struggle that's close to your heart.  Don't give up
and if you find anything I could use, let me know!