[IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V6 #252

In a message dated 4/14/2002 11:56:47 AM Central Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> Subject: Re: [IP] questions?
Question 1 Feed the system before the run.  I found to run in the 5-10mile
area, I need BS close to 200-225 and the pump disconnected for at least and
hour, preferably 1 1/2 to 2 hours.  !/2 hour to 45 min before run I will
generally take a powergel with water or diluted powerade depending if I'm at
200 or need to get up to 200.  If my plans are to run closer to 10 miles I
will also carry powerade and glucose gel and maybe a powergel.  I test every
20-25 minutes while running.
Question 2.  I will do nothing unless I feel hungry.
Question 3.  I would bolus down and ignore the hunger with water.