Re: [IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V6 #251-Re: testing / shooting in public

In a message dated 4/14/02 12:40:01 PM US Eastern Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< I guess my granddaughter(19 months old)must be real diabetic because she
 licks her own little finger before I lick mine and laughs.  She has to help
 grandma by pushing buttons, stabbing my finger, inserting test strip and
 turning off my machine.  She gets really upset if I test and she does not
 get to help and lets me know.  She is not diabetic, but also wants to push
 the buttons on my pump, but that is grandma's, not hers or a toy. >>

This reminds me of my granddaughter when I was on injections. She could sense
that I was about to give myself a shot and would come running from wherever
she was, loudly proclaiming, "I hep yewwwwwwwww!" I would let her push the
plunger in.

Jan and Elvis