[IP] Public injections and 16 year old daughters

This thread has brought back bad memories for me. I thought our children
accepted diabetes care as routine as they had seen it all their lives. At 16
our daughter told me while I was drawing up a needle that it was disgusting.
I was flabbergasted and just said that it was all that was keeping me alive.
I overheard her on the phone a couple of years later telling a friend how no
one wanted to see my bare flesh getting a needle in the kitchen before
meals. Naturally I am much more self-conscious now. Must admit that if
anyone catches me licking the blood off my finger though, I say "yum.sweet"