  From: Billie Sue Parker
  Subject: Re: [IP] pump

        I am on a pump too, but I don't hide to do finger sticks in public.

  In restaurants, I do try to be a little discreet because people are eating
  and some people get sick at the site of blood. >>>

  I think there is a big difference in hiding and being discreet. Yay for
  discreetness! ;)  Since I am a DMer and have done a zillion and 2 finger
  sticks, I must say the first time I saw another DMer lick the blood off I
  could NOT take a test for three days!!!  If it bothers *me* that much, I can
  imagine what it would do for someone whom is exposed to that in a
  restaurant - or anywhere. *I* don't think that's a good way to educate about
  what *we* have to go through. Definitely YMMV (~_^)

  @
  http://maxpages.com/bludasue   AND   http://www.picturetrail.com/dmBASH
  pics

  If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible
  warning. -Catherine Aird-