[IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V6 #249

In a message dated 4/13/2002 8:07:45 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> . He is not aware
> of any changes in the program. As fellow truckers have been dx'd, they have
> either lost their jobs if on insulin, or they could continue to drive if
> treated with orals.

There is a police officer in our town who has D and uses MDI not pump.  I
would have thought type 1 D would not be allowed to be in that sort of
position.  Speed chases or shot outs.  But I guess it would be ok, cause I
bet his BS are high due to adrenal pumping during those times.
I would think driving long distance would be safer than driving short
distance after working hard outside physical labor.
Just my opinion!
Darlene - Mom to Kap