From: Dave <email @ redacted>
To: email @ redacted <email @ redacted>
Date: Saturday, April 13, 2002 8:25 PM
Subject: [IP] public injections

>I am on the pump now, but would never take an injection or bg test in
public especially where food is being served. I know I'll get a lot of heat
for this, but... I don't feel it's courteous. For example my friend is
deathly afraid of needles, one time I took a shot in front of him and he
nearly lost it, go figure he's a pro body builder and can't handle seeing me
take a shot. There are also people afraid of seeing blood. I am not ashamed
of being diabetic, but I don't feel that gives me the right to expose people
to my illness at the dinner table. You wouldn't want me to blow my nose at
the dinner table would you? How about a sneeze in your direction without
covering my mouth and nose? How about if I brought my extremely noisy kids
to a romantic dinner type atmosphere? It's just courteous that's all. My
problem doesn't have to be put in someone else's face. Just my opinion.