[IP] Perfecting blood sugars on the pump

Kathy wrote:

If you're lucky, you'll get your numbers set up
quickly and they will
For others like me, I'm still working on it almost a
year and a half
but it gets better.

Good luck!
Kathy Bruckmeyer

Kathy, Thank you for saying that - it reminds me that
I need to be PATIENT!!!  I've been pumping since
November and my A1c actually went up just a tad from
7.5 to 7.7.  I got really discouraged.  My BG checks
seemed better, so how to explain the elevated A1c -- I
think I need to do some checking in the middle of the
night - I've checked around midnight and it is
freqently over 200 - by morning it is back down, but I
guess my basals still need work.  My biggest problem
is one day my fasting sugar is 50 - the next day 250,
so it's hard to know how to adjust the basal, but with
your encouraging words, I will keep trying!!

Do You Yahoo!?