Re: [IP] public injections

>From: Dave <email @ redacted>
>To: email @ redacted
>Subject: [IP] public injections
>Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2002 20:25:00 -0400
>I am on the pump now, but would never take an injection or bg test in
>public especially where food is being served. I know I'll get a lot of heat
>for this, but... I don't feel it's courteous. For example my friend is
>deathly afraid of needles, one time I took a shot in front of him and he
>nearly lost it, go figure he's a pro body builder and can't handle seeing
>me take a shot. There are also people afraid of seeing blood. I am not
>ashamed of being diabetic, but I don't feel that gives me the right to
>expose people to my illness at the dinner table.

Dave, the thing is....this is when you pull in the most common courtesy and
ASK if it bothers anyone at the immediate table. I love showing off my
diabetes cause it educates people, but I do not force someone who has phobias
to it. But it is your decision and one great thing about this list is we honor
each persons individual feelings.
Take care!