[IP] help with 16 year old daughter!!

I need some help and don't know what to do with my 16 year old daughter.
When she was younger she was so good about always taking her meter with her
and doing her blood sugar and not caring what people think.  But now that she
is in high school, it is like she is ashamed of her diabetes.  She hardly
ever takes her meter when she goes places and is not very good about doing
her blood sugar before she drives.  She even lies to me occassionally and
will say she has her meter when in fact she doesn't.

I don't know how to handle this.  She is such a good kid.  She is an A
student and doesn't drink or cause us any problems except, that I wish she
wouldn't worry so much about other people knowing she has diabetes.  Her AIC
has been slowly creeping up to.  It is usually around 6.3 but the last 2 dr's
appointments it has been 7.5 and I don't think it will be any lower this time

Thanks for the help!