Re: [IP] public injections

I hope you don't experience this as "heat," just a difference in attitudes.
I don't have any problem with a diabetic feeling, for whatever reason, that
they'd like to do their shots/tests in private.  But, when you talk about
"exposing people to my illness at the dinner table" it does sound like
diabetes is something nasty or shameful or maybe just plain gross.  I
actually don't think it is any of those things.  And it is different from a
sneeze or blowing your nose because the first thing that comes to mind for
me in those situations is that I might catch the person's cold.  That is
obviously not a concern here.  I guess that the reason that your post struck
me is that it is not so easy for me to separate "my illness" from my self.
I don't even know who I would be if I didn't have diabetes.  (I mean, what I
be like if the major and constant struggle of my life never had been there?
Probably not the person I am.)  I just couldn't think of it as something
that I needed to shield people from because it's just who I am - and, for
better or worse, it's coming to the dinner table with me.