[IP] public injections

I am on the pump now, but would never take an injection or bg test in public especially where food is being served. I know I'll get a lot of heat for this, but... I don't feel it's courteous. For example my friend is deathly afraid of needles, one time I took a shot in front of him and he nearly lost it, go figure he's a pro body builder and can't handle seeing me take a shot. There are also people afraid of seeing blood. I am not ashamed of being diabetic, but I don't feel that gives me the right to expose people to my illness at the dinner table. You wouldn't want me to blow my nose at the dinner table would you? How about a sneeze in your direction without covering my mouth and nose? How about if I brought my extremely noisy kids to a romantic dinner type atmosphere? It's just courteous that's all. My problem doesn't have to be put in someone else's face. Just my opinion.