[IP] injecting in public, licking off the excess blood

From: "Jayne Drowns" <email @ redacted>
Subject: Re: [IP] Re: testing / shooting in public

Holey cow!  I thought everyone licked the blood off!!!  LOL  I did it once
in the doctor's office while the nurse was watching me, just out of habit,
then realized what I was doing and got embarrassed about it, and the nurse
say "oh, everyone does that!"  I guess she was wrong.

Anyway, just to put my two cents in re to leave or not to leave the table -
I'm voting with those who say, if someone else doesn't like it, let them
leave.  (Which is not my usual style, I'm one of those people who is
normally overly concerned about how others are feeling, but not on this one
- - it's my life we're talking about!)

I must say the first time I saw another DMer lick the blood off I
>could NOT take a test for three days!!!  If it bothers *me* that much, I
>imagine what it would do for someone whom is exposed to that in a
>restaurant - or anywhere. *I* don't think that's a good way to educate
>what *we* have to go through. Definitely YMMV (~_^)

I totally agree with Jayne. I was in a resaurant in Connecticut near Danbury
when my meal came, i took out my syringe and Regular insulin at that time
drew up the dose and injcted thru my polo shirt after testing. At a table
opposite us, a kid about 8 years old goes thru the same ritual except he
injects by lifting his shirt. My kids just laughed. Nobody really knows and
most folks don't care. Diabetes is ubiquitous. spot