re: [IP] could this be neuropathy?

<<Marilyn wrote:
My 15 year old son has had diabetes for over 13 years.  He has never had an
A1C higher than the 8's.  He has developed pain in his wrist with numbness
and tingling in his thumb, index, and middle fingers with the pain radiating
to his elbow. >>

Marilyn, I don't have DM and I get that type of feeling routinely when I've
been typing too much, especially on my laptop computer instead of at the
ergonomically designed desk/keyboard support in my office.  It sounds more
like carpal tunnel syndrome to me but I have no experience with neuropathy
so I can't comment on that.

Of course, the hard part w/ that is keeping your kid off the computer/game
stations.  I try to get my 11 yr. old son to take regular breaks & we've
begun limiting the time.

Our thoughts are with you!
Shelly V., mom to Luke, 7, dx'd 10/99, pumping 3/01 + Trevor 11 & Kate 9

Do You Yahoo!?