Re: [IP] Re: Blood Donations

We had a long discussion on this list about blood donations, I believe right
after Sep 11. But mostly what was in question was "could a diabetic donate blood
since they have insulin hanging around in their blood". I don't think there has
been anything mentioned about the skin barrier. In that case, wouldn't it also be
an issue for anyone who had pierced ears - possible before the ear is fully
healed? Or a sliver in their skin?  And I wonder if *any*  sort of device would
qualify such as a pace make, etc. Not to mention that *any* one with diabetes is
going to be constantly piercing his/her skin with an artificial device (lancet).