[IP] Re: Blood Donations

An area blood bank will now accept donations from persons with Diabetes
provided they meet the other qualifications.  Was 90% through the interview
area when the Staffer asked when I last had my insulin shot and I described
the pump & its action.  She asked to see the site where the infusion set
enters my skin.  (I use the tenders and am male so I just disconnected and
showed her the pump, the infusion set etc.  She then called the Blood Bank
Physician and I was denied as a candidate because I had an artificial device
interrupting the skin barrier and therefore was a candidate for infection.
Has anyone else run into this and is there a reference article I can bring to
the blood bank to show other's opinions on pump users successfully donating?