Re: [IP] injections at restaurants

In a message dated 4/12/02 2:04:20 PM Central Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> --- email @ redacted wrote:
> I'm just curious....how many of you do excuse yourself from the table to
> inject insulin?

when we were injecting we always handled everything at the table.....Mary was
diagnosed right after she turned four.....i never wanted her to feel anything
was *wrong* that she needed to hide (but I teach discretion)....for us, I
couldn't send her to the ladies room by herself or leave my young son at the
table by himself as I am single so we really didn't have a choice......the
only *problem* there has ever been was at a JDRF function where a woman at
our table, who had raised buckets of money, had no idea what a child with D
had to do.....grew into quite a conversation.....