RE: [IP] injecting vs. pumping

What is there to be afraid of when it concerns the pump?  Perhaps you are
better off calling each of the companies and requesting their videos so that
you can review them and maybe feel at ease.

Maybe there is a pump support group in your area as well that you can go to.

Huge difference is that you are wearing the pump 24/7 and it gives you a
constant "drip" of insulin and then you bolus (like taking a shot) for what
you eat based on how many carbs you are eating and your dr. will set up an
insulin/carb ratio.

If your basals are set correctly, you can go for hours w/o eating w/no
problem and you can also make corrections to a high much quicker and can eat
in between and just bolus for what you are eating.

There are pros and cons to wearing a pump but truthfully, once you have one,
it's hard to think about going back to taking several injections a day.

If you're lucky, you'll get your numbers set up quickly and they will work.
For others like me, I'm still working on it almost a year and a half later
but it gets better.

Good luck!
Kathy Bruckmeyer
email @ redacted