Re: [IP] Basal Rates and site problems

In a message dated 4/12/2002 8:08:02 AM Mountain Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> In regards to site problems, I get a quarter to half-dollar sized lump every
>  time I switch sites every 2 1/2 days.  They go away and do not seem
>  so I figured it was just part of having a pump.  I have only used my
>  as a site thus far but am kind of a small person and fear that I am
>  inserting into the muscle.  I already use the short cannula.  Any ideas?

Lumps like that are definitely *not* a normal part of pumping.  What kind of
set are you using?  If you are using one that goes straight in (like a
Quick-set or a Sof-set) you might want to try one that goes in at an angle
(Silhouette/Comfort/Tender).  Or, you could just try sites in a location
beside your abdomen -- many pumpers like their upper hip and love handle area
(in the back) . . . You said they don't look infected, so I assume they
aren't red looking, so I'd guess that it's not something like the tape or
adhesive thats irritating the skin . . .

Good luck!

Pumpmama to Katie